‘Áras Ghuaire’ is the only purpose-built student accommodation in the area, consisting of 19 three bedroom apartments (Max 3 students per unit). The complex is located across the road from the college, 1 minute walking.
Why Choose Áras Ghuaire?
- Great location 1-minute walk to GMIT, Letterfrack
- Secure Environment
- Modern Apartments
- Close to all amenities ie shops, restaurants, pubs, football pitch, all weather pitch and tennis court.
- Other outdoor activities to enjoy in the area are surfing, hill walking and rock climbing.
Per Room Rates 2020-21 Academic Year (16th September 2020 – 20th May 2021)
|Room Type||1st Part Payment||2nd Part Payment||Total Rent|
|Single with Double Bed||€2,055*||€1,041*||€3,096*|
with Double Bed
*Additional Payments Apply:
The Academic Year fee is paid in two part-payments as follows:
Non-First Year Students – 1st Payment due on or before Friday, 14th August 2020:
First Year Students – 1st Payment due on or before Monday, 14th September 2020:
|Single||Large Single||Single with Double Bed||Ensuite with Double Bed|
(€1,935 + €285 UF* + €350 Elec*)
(€2,005 + €285 UF* + €350 Elec*)
(€2,055 + €285 UF* + €350 Elec*)
(€2,265 + €285 UF* + €350 Elec*)
*UF = Utility Fee, *Elec = Electricity
2nd Payment (Final) due on or before 3rd December 2020:
|Single||Large Single||Single with Double Bed||Ensuite with Double Bed|
Rates are inclusive of the following:
• Utilities charge (payment towards utility bills)
• Electricity Prepayment (any unused credits will be refunded at the end of your stay)
• High speed internet connection
• TV & TV licence
• Weekly refuse collection
• Professional maintenance service
How do I apply?
● You must have a valid email address at time of application
● You must have your PPS Number
● You must have your parent/guarantor’s phone number and email address
● Student ID (If unavailable, insert non-applicable)
● Upload photograph
● Submit your online booking application
● You will then be sent an email with details to pay your deposit
● Please note booking will not be confirmed until deposit is paid
When will I know I am booked?
When your deposit is received a receipt of payment and confirmation of your room reservation will be emailed subject to availability.
Note: Its essential to reference tenant’s name on the bank transfer.
Is there any advantage in booking early?
Yes, Rooms are allocated on first-come-first-served basis.
Is insurance for my belongings provided?
No, you must take out your own cover for your possessions. We recommend having the family household policy extended to cover personal effects away from home.
A total booking deposit of €400 is payable to secure your accommodation subject to availability.
If your accommodation application is successful, this booking deposit is held for the duration of your stay. This deposit is fully refundable less any deductions per your lease at the end of your stay.
Having accepted an accommodation offer, if your application to GMIT is unsuccessful (or you choose not to attend), this booking deposit will be returned less an administration fee of €100, provided that our cancellation policy has been abided by (details can be found below).
Utilities Non-refundable Payment
A €285 non-refundable utilities charge must be paid at the same time as your first part-payment (outlined above).
This payment is towards efibre broadband, refuse collection, tv channels and tv licence.
Electricity Prepayment Fee (based on 3 student per apt)
A €350.00 electricity prepayment fee is made per applicant and is payable along with the 1st Payment. Each apartment is metered for pre-pay electricity and is topped up on 4 occasions, by management, over the course of the academic year. Our current prepay provider is Electric Ireland. The pre-pay meters allow students to monitor and have greater control over their electricity usage on a daily basis. In the unlikely event that an apartment runs out of electricity credit between top-ups they simply report this to management/office who will provide them with a top-up card, allowing the students to purchase additional credit from a local Payzone shop. The top-ups purchased will be shared in equal shares by each of the students in the relevant apartment. At the end of the academic year if credit remains on the meter this will be reimbursed equally among all residents in the apartment.
The Academic Year fee is paid in two part-payments (as shown in above tables).
Non-First years first part-payment is due before 5pm on Friday, 14th August 2020.
First year students first part-payment is due before 5pm on Monday, 14th September 2020.
The room and deposit will be automatically forfeited where accounts are not paid in full by this date.
The second part-payment is due before Thurday, 3rd December 2020.
● Payments by bank transfer only.
● Unfortunately, no debit or credit cards accepted.
● A link with the Bank details will be email when the online application is submitted.
Cancellation Policy First Years
If the applicant wishes to cancel or is unsuccessful in their application to GMIT, the applicant must cancel in writing by email or post by 12:00pm (midday) on Monday, 14th September 2020. Cancellations by telephone will not be accepted.
In the event of following the above cancellation procedure, €100 administration fee will be deducted from the booking deposit and the remainder refunded. Refunds will be issued by bank transfer only. If the applicant cancels after the cut-off point outlined above, no refund will be issued.
If the applicant cancels after having paid the first part-payment, the onus will be on the lessee to find a replacement lessee. Áras Ghuaire has no obligation to find an alternative lessee. Failure to do so will result in the applicant losing all monies paid and continue to be liable for the full period.
Cancellations Policy Non-First Years
If 2nd, 3rd, 4th year, etc applicant wishes to cancel he/she must do so by 5:00 pm on 3rd August 2020. Cancellations in writing by email or post, not telephone. In the event of such a cancellation, a €100 cancellation fee will be deducted from the booking/security deposit and the remainder refunded via bank transfer. No deposit refund will be made for cancellations after this date.
Eviction or Early Departure
If a student is evicted, no refunds of rental will be made.
Rooms are licensed for the full Academic Year. Students are liable for this period even if they do not stay for all of it. In the case of early departure, the onus is on the student to find someone to take their room. Until a replacement has been found, the student will not be refunded.
You are welcome to come and view the apartments at Áras Ghuaire from late May – 1st September, however, it is essential you make contact on 087 7057753 to agree an appointment time before travelling to Letterfrack.
OFFICE HOURS VARY SO PLEASE MAKE CONTACT FOR APPOINTMENT BEFORE TRAVELLING.
Please note room keys will not issue until all appropriate fees are paid.
Keys will issue when the student has compiled the following:
● Submit application and photograph online.
● Pay deposit, utility fee, electricity prepayment, and 1st part rent payment (with all payments by banks transfer).
● Lease signed.
Keys can be collected by appointment only from late August.
● Onsite Caretaker
● Private Car Park
● Courtyard & Landscaped Gardens
● Selection of Apartments are designed for use by persons with disabilities
● Indian Café Takeaway
● Onsite Office
● Gate Coded Entry System
● Oven, Hob and Extractor
● Fridge / Freezer
● Washing Machine / Dryer
● Dining Table and Chairs
● Lounge Furniture
● Television (TV Channels)
● Electric Heating
● Study Desk and Chair
● Mattress Protector
● Vacuum Cleaner
● Iron and Ironing Board
Students are responsible for cleaning their own apartments. Monthly inspections of apartments are carried out to ensure that an acceptable standard of cleanliness is maintained throughout the academic term. Students are liable for the cost of engaging contract cleaners where apartments are being neglected.
Students moving to Áras Ghuaire must bring the following items:
● Bed Sheets
● Duvet Cover
● Pillow Case
The condition in which the unit is returned will have a strong bearing on deposit monies returned.
● Please pay attention to the cleaning of your fridge, hob, oven, grill pan, extractor and bathroom throughout the year.
● Painting charges can also escalate so please take care of walls and woodwork throughout your unit. Each student is responsible for his/her individual bedroom. General wear and tear is taken into consideration for the common areas but excessive wear and tear or damage is payable by the student/s.
● Maintenance damages are to be reported throughout the year.
● Non Smoking Residence.
● Curtains and Furniture – please be aware of smoke damage – smoking is NOT permitted indoors at Áras Ghuaire and will incur significant cleaning charges.
● Vehicles are parked in residence at Owner’s risk.
Residents must provide their own set of bed linen duvet, pillow/s (i.e. single/double size under-sheet, top sheet (optional) duvet cover, pillow co ver/s and towels, tea towels, dishes, cutlery, cooking utensils, pots and pans, etc.
Arrange a time to check in between 10am-3pm,
Áras Ghuaire has 24-hour WiFi which is accessible throughout the complex.
No technical support is offered as it is provided by a third party supplier.